• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Can a stock CB 750 bottom end handle an increase i power of 25%

Firing at an even 180 has nothing in common with scavenging every 180, two absolutely different things. When you split the exhaust streams in a 180 four into the standard two sides with 1-2 and 3-4 paired up they are NOT exact and a whopping energy loss happens on both sides on the 360 degrees with no impulse happening at all.
Well, that's a dumb way to do it. Now that I think of it, you are right! 1-4, and 2-3, would be the way to do it. Since the area above the engines is clear, I would turn the pairs up and over the engines, not to either side. Thanks!

4 into 2 CB75s EXHAUSTS.JPG

Longer over the top to clear things more is how you lose that extra power I told you about earlier. You also add more heat to the head doing it, the head can't take it on the DOHC and just pings easier, they need oil coolers bad enough as it is.

Yes, UNDER the motors is better. I DO like the look of the Indy Cars that had the headers coming from the middle of the Vee, but UNDER is simpler.

OK, let me see if I can put all this together. The CB750 transmission will not handle twice the power, but the weak link is the primary chain, not the gears, or the dogs?

So, If I could run the primary chains of each engine to a common jack shaft with a gear in the center, and feed a single transmission through a gear/idler/gear setup, what would be the problems?

I still want the two CB750 engines joined at the crankshafts, but I don't need a 9 speed dual tranny.

Back