• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

81 CB750c turn signal indicator lights always on

Milanb

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Hi my turn signal indicator lights are always on even with no turn signals hooked up. When I actually do engage the turn signal switch it will switch off the correct side indicator light. When I do have bulbs hooked up only the rear turn on and the front are always off with the switch not engaged. When I engage the turn switch with bulbs in, the correct side rear indicator turns off and nothing from the front, what the heck is going on.

P.S. Im currently swapping the lights with LEDs
Thanks,

I have an LED relay but not the ballast, regardless how does that effect why the indicator lights both come on and only turn off when the switch is actuated even with no lights hooked up. Wouldn't that be a shorting problem somewhere?

Can't say as the wiring job affects that directly. The indicators should not go off anyway, they have to have the greater load of the signals themselves to have enough load to switch the relay.

Several things there must happen for the system to work correctly; just asking about one or another will never get it fixed as multiple things are likely faulted at the same time.

Why all you guys asking why your LEDs don't work can get no one easy answer. It's like asking why a code shows on an electronic car and the part mentioned by the code gets changed but the same code keeps popping back up. It's because there are often many different things that can trigger that code besides the exact part mentioned.

By ballast I mean the LED resistor, if there is none the system CANNOT work. LEDs are 3 volt, they cannot work by themselves in a 12 volt system.

Back