• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Motor sealing

TRO55

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Hey all,so I'm freshening and resealing my F1 motor. bought one of those total rebuild kits,didnt receive yet. do they normally have every single oring like the ones on main oil passages.I personally like to clean the case halves thoroughly.Next is what does the seal in the starter slip clutch do,just for my own info.Thanks again fellow enthusiasts.

I for one think that seal creates a pocket to hold more oil for starting after engine has sat for a while, it keeps a small reservoir of oil in place to lube at the hard load starting puts on the crank end there, it extends the life of the flywheel gear bushing. If not there all oil would drain off to be semi-dry and it takes a second to build it back up, a second that the starter is working in. It works even better if bike is on sidestand.

The DOHC has one there as well, the flywheel clutch setup is almost identical.

Hey thanks amc, makes a lot of sense.I would change it anyway while its apart.Especially on stock bike that you don't want starter issues.I remember when we would strip all that crap off and cut my rotor down to 3.6 lbs along with the other goodies. Thank man.

Back