• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Leaking rear shocks cb750 sevenfifty

c110

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Hi
My rear shocks are leaking on my cb750 sevenfifty from 1998
Shocks are Original
Question because i do not ride the bike alot
Can i drain the oil somewhere or where is the oil that i can drill a hole?
I supose the shocks cannot be renewed cheap so the best option is to buy other,s but meanwhile i would like to remove the rest of the oil..
Thx Steve

Yours and do with it what you will, but you need to know that can be dangerous. A shock with no oil becomes a spring only and under certain road conditions it can begin to bounce repeatedly (the oil stops that) to very possibly make for a loss of control to wreck out. It would be a great way to lose rear tire traction at hitting a bump in the middle of a curve to then lose it to slide out.

Nobody who knows how much oil are in the shocks and where you can drain it or the best place to drill a hole?
Leaking shocks are also dangerous when it leaks on the rear brake amc49..
The bike is not anymore for daily use or riding very fast so i prefer not leaking than leaking shocks

If you have decided to do it there is nothing you need to know about how much oil or where to drill, it ruins the shock anyway you go about it. So, nothing to preserve there. All you need to know is that the shocks were at some point highly pressurized and if any of that is left you may get a face full of fluid and drilling scarf.

Afther every ride i clean it or afther a few days i have a drip off oil
I will search other shocks with or without pressure tank like the sefenfifty
The nighthawk 750 has it not most off the time the more expensive shocks with pressure tank?

Virtually every Japanese motorcycle rear shock on the planet will be gas filled (nitrogen), at least until they leak down. It lowers foaming and stops internal corrosion. At least on the sealed ones, the expensive custom ones you can air up and such are not. Most shocks have the outside body with an inner tube that the shock piston works inside the outer shell. The outer shell holds the oil and gas supply and the inner is for the shock piston and workings.

Back