• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Front Blinkers

ayoung822

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hello all, I have tried searching this issue with no luck, building my first bike, '81 CB750K. The person before me removed the front blinkers and putting it together I am going to leave them off. However, i cant get the rear blinkers to work. I have brake lights, and running lights. I think because the harness isn't connecting the circuit. Is there a way to re-wire the harness so that I have rear blinkers and no fronts?

Thanks.

No, the standard flasher unit requires both a front and rear bulb on one side to have enough load to flash, with one bulb only it will simply come on and not flash.

The standard there was running lights on the front and none on back FYI.

So now that I have dual filament blinkers, I still cant seem to get them to work. Red white and black wires on the blinkers, how do I attach them into the existing system? I can get them to light up, but once the blinker is turned on, the lights go out. I am guessing they are wired incorrectly but I could be wrong on that as well.

I’m having similar issues. Bought a used 1980 CB750c and the guy cut off the blinkers but had aftermarket ones and never got around to it. I replaced the turn signal relay and got the rears to blink without the fronts in the circuit. When trying to wire in the front signals and the turn switch is neutral, the fronts and rears now stay on all the time and when I turn the signals on the front turns completely off and the rear blinks as usual. Pretty sure that the signals that he gave me are single filament. Any idea what is going on? Can I just wire the fronts somehow so they aren’t running lights and turn signals only. Have the wiring diagram and think that the position switch/wiring I might be causing the problem.

No, the standard flasher unit requires both a front and rear bulb on one side to have enough load to flash, with one bulb only it will simply come on and not flash.

The standard there was running lights on the front and none on back FYI.

That was a question I had, amc49. the front parking lights came on with key on, but the rears were off. Supposed to be that way, eh?

Back