• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Hondamatic carb swap

brycedavis

CB750 Member
Reaction score
What would be the best carburetor to swap with my 1976 CB750A? I’ve heard the k models but what year would be best?

Why do you want to change? That carb set is pretty small to help with the lower rpm lugging an ATX engine goes through and the reduced number of trans gears.

The standard 750 carb swap has been a common and good running swap for ever. Keep in mind you will lose the vacuum actuator that bumps up the idle when you drop it into gear but its not a huge deal, may just have to bump the idle a tad or maybe modify it to fit if your good with building brackets. Most use the earlier roundtop carbs as they are proven and easy to tune and makes a noticeable difference by themselves, you will need pre 77 K carb boots, cant remember if the air box side fits or not. but if you add a stock K or F cam or better yet a DP295 cam it will really wake it up. The auto really respond well to motor mods, 836cc pistons, roundtop carbs, cam swap and clean up the stock intake ports and it would be a fun little ride.

in the engine for the most part, most of the performance stuff will work. There are several guys that bracket race the 750 auto because they are dead consistent. Everything from 836cc on up.

Got a 1000cc on my plans. Was going turbo, but the lag changed my mind. Moving to a supercharger, and a rc295 cam. I might switch to a rc454 later. Got a RC swingarm on it currently, but would like to move out about another 6”

Good luck with your project!

Back