• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

First build ever

brycedavis

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Hey guys so I’m new to the forum and new to the bike scene. I recently purchased my first motorcycle, a 1976 Honda CB750A Hondamatic. I absolutely love it. It runs pretty good, no major problems that I know of right now... lol. I do think I need to adjust the fuel to air ratio and adjust the valves as they are pretty noisy. The bike at idle will die at times and I’m pretty sure it’s the carb floats. I’ve never worked on any motorcycles prior to this nor have I ever been around someone who has, but I have worked on vehicles pretty much since I could hold a flashlight and get yelled at by my dad for moving too much [emoji23]. I was looking for a CB750k but couldn’t find one that wasn’t overpriced until I came across the Hondamatic for 1500. I ended up talking him down to 1000. Do you guys think I got a pretty good deal on this bike? Are they as reliable as the k’s?
6f049a5f1c8240a6e23e63a29cdb1dd7.jpg

Yes it is a decent price. Either buy or download a factory manual...no hayes or chilton and go through all the honda tuneup items...compression test, adjust or replace points and condenser, set timing and dwell, adjust timing chain, adjust valves, sync carbs, oil change, etc. Depending on how long it has set it could use a carb clean, then you can check and adjust the floats if necesary and can check what jets are in the carbs for reference if you need to do some adjusting later.

Back