• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

tuning for 900 cams

hotwillz

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hey im Will, Im new to honda motorcycles and mostly carb tuning and i need some help. i understand that every motor is different and everything comes into a factor with tuning carbs. I have a 82 750k with vb carbs with pods and 4-1 pipes, i know before I installed the 900 cams it ran ok but it did run a little lean when you started to pull up in the rpms it felt like it was breaking up. Now that i have cams in i know i need to rejet the carbs and tune them but i dont know where to start on the primary jet size. i have the dyno stage 1&3 kit and its been drilled out,also with 74 primary and 130 secondary's. I didnt know if anyone would have any suggestions or should i just start changing and driving it around?

You cant say one jet or another will get it jetted right. Ride, adjust, repeat. Or have it dyno tuned. You have to many variables to say exactly what your bike needs. The pods on the cv carbs will make you life hell to get it adjusted.

It was tuned well before just needed a little more fuel in the mid range. im thinking about just running the 100s for primary and then hooking my wideband o2 up to it and seeing how it does. i figured i would just take a shot in the dark and ask if anyone could give me a ballpark.

Back