• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Laceing 750 wheels.

search: respoking motorcycle wheels on YouTube, there are a lot of good videos. you will need some type of fixture/stand, I built one from 1x6, then drilled the holes to match my rear axle. I fastened a steel plate to the base so I could attach my dial indicator with magnetic base, (found one at Harbor Tool for under 20 bucks). You may be able to get by without it, but I sprung the 100 bucks for a spoke torque wrench, without it your just guessing. Hand tighten all the spokes, then starting with the first spoke after the valve stem hole tighten to about one third of the minimum required torque(check your Honda manual), then tighten every third spoke, until you are back at the valve stem hole. Do the same thing starting with the second spoke from the hole, then again starting with the third spoke from the hole. Then back to the first spoke to 2/3 of min torque then every third spoke hole, until you have been around the wheel 9 times, and you have all spokes tightened to the min torque. get out the dial indicator and set it up and see how it looks, tighten spokes as needed to true the wheel, but do not exceed the max recommended torque.
Re-check the wheel after the first or second ride, after the wheel has had a chance to seat the spokes

Back