• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Repair damaged plugs

DukethePom

CB750 Member
Reaction score
I've had a chance to look the bike over a bit and came across a couple of melted/worn plug in wiring connectors. Are replacement plugs available or do I just rewire each circuit individually? One is on the starter relay switch and the other is adjacent to the battery "door", leads over to the voltage regulator. There was some kind of meltdown just don't know when. The bike seems to run fine, both of these plugs looks to be a past injury. I wrapped a bit of electrical tape around them for the time being. Any info would be great...pics:

P1020008.JPG

P1020009.JPG

P1020010.JPG

P1020011.JPG

pidjones, thanks for the link, also have seen the complete aftermarket wiring harness' on Ebay, might go that way because the more I look the more things I find...38 y/o bike what can ya expect? I have actually been enjoying having my hands on another two wheel "black hole"...hopefully my marriage survives this lifelong illness. I did some amateur racing in the early '80s so there is a strong nostalgic pull to get involved again. A pic from old Sears Point on a Kawi GPz 550 circa 1984 (I was the Parts Mgr.@ Napa Valley Kawasaki dealer) Appreciate the help...

unnamed-1.jpg

The aftermarket suppliers sure have changed since I last owned a motorcycle. Those websites cover just about anything one might need, small electrical connectors/plugs ect, amazing. I remember a couple tv shows on the old SpeedChannel when the retro/rebuild trend was getting started...that one show where if you could build and finish the project in 30 days you could keep it. Good fun, most of the time the 30 days ran out which revealed just how many man-hours goes into these builds. Thanks for all the great links. I think I'll take your advice about using pods vs. airbox, multiple comments from different folks abt how difficult it is to get the jetting right. I remember trying pods on an '81 GS750E and how crazy I went trying to figure it out. I'm not sure when the Dynojet kits started coming out but I didn't have one. I also remember significant air intake noise with the pods. I was a Bassani exhaust enthusiast back then so the airbox racket was usually drowned out in the booming exhaust note...loud! The best pod setup seems to be with a set of those $$ CR Racing carbs. thanks again, have a good weekend.

00H0H_8C4hfPO0IQG_1200x900.jpg

100_1040.JPG

Good decision. Staying with the original airbox and filter will add years to your mental health.

Back