• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Best method of using seafoam

DukethePom

CB750 Member
Reaction score
New member, have seen numerous references to folks giving Seafoam a try on carbs that have been sitting/gummed up. Saw several YouTube examples, drain the carbs and put Seafoam in overnight several times to dumping a whole can in the fuel tank and riding the bike. Looking for some input/experience for what works ect. I rode the bike yesterday up the street, taking it out today and try a few laps when hot. I'm going to take the carbs off and go thru them but if the Seafoam will help get a better baseline of where things are at it seems to be worth a try. Any downside to the product?

P1010992.jpg

DON'T DUMP A WHOLE CAN IN A MOTORCYCLE GAS TANK!! My neighbor did that recently and I had to drain his tank and carb bowl and refill to fix. Mix according to the instructions on the can and ride that tank full out.
BTW, that's a very nice looking F.

So one ounce per gallon is recommended per the directions , two ozs. per gallon if really cruddy. I'll give it a whirl. 6.6 gallons of fuel incl. reserve on the F model (5.3 main/1.3 reserve) so not quite half a can of Seafoam per tankfull...thanks for the input.

My friend called and told me his riding John Deere lawn mower wasn't acting right, running rough.

So I told him to get some seafoam and pour into the gas tank.

He called and said it won't start no more.

He said he did as I said and put seafoam in.

I asked how much and he said "the whole tank".

"Whole tank, you do mean the whole bottle, right?"

"Nope" he says, "I filled the whole tank up."

Ha ha ha ha ha.......roflmao.

That's funny...I was in the auto parts store today and saw the gallon jugs of Seafoam on sale...I'll let ya know if the Honda improves or not.

Back