• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Oil in the air box ?

Killianted

CB750 New member
Reaction score
I just picked up an 81 CB750c my first CB not my first bike . I know oil is scavenged and sent back through the air box . I rode the bike all day the bike runs great never leaking anything . But when I got home an excessive (at least to me ) amout of oil was dripping from the airbox . I stalled the bike twice right before parking it trying to find neutral , maybe flooded it a little adding to the oil ? I don't know maybe it's normal?

Overfill can cause the crank to churn the oil and build up vapor that gets vented. Also blow-by if bad can do this, or excessive water in the oil that turns to steam and carries some oil with it. But, usually overfill. A film with maybe a thick spot or two is Ok, more indicates a problem. Dripping not Ok.

If oil level not too high then drop the line to airbox, run it high like it was and then just add more line to drop back down to somewhere behind engine. Then none in airbox. Plug airbox holes of course.

Back