• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

First Post and Questions on some parts of my 1975 CB 750F

esmeenge

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Hey All!

Happy to join the ranks of happy CB750 owners.

There are a few questions I have regarding my newly acquired cb750.

Hopefully you will be able to see the pictures attached.

First:

Is that front rotor too rusted? it isn't pitted at all, pretty smooth.. the rust seems to rub off almost.

Second:

Is that chain un-recoverable? or can I take a wire brush to it?

Third:

What is that little arm piece? It looks like a throttle, it seems like its attached to the carb.

Fourth:

Where does this wire go? Its coming from the alternator.

Fifth and Sixth:

There is a little bolt that is attached to the peg, i took the peg off... however, that bolt rotated with the peg a little before i could slide off the peg. I'm wondering if the fact it was loose and could move so easily is a problem. It looks like its attached to the engine, but i'm not sure. Could it have rusted through and now needs to be replaced? Just wondering where it attaches.

IMG_20190418_173526.jpgIMG_20190418_173546.jpgIMG_20190418_173621.jpgIMG_20190418_173517.jpgIMG_20190418_173457.jpgIMG_20190418_173453.jpg

Thank you so much for any help!!

Evan

The rotor is stainless steel so it shouldnt be much rust, it will probably clean up when you ride it a bit

Chain is junk get a new one...you want to trust your life to a rusty chain?

The arm on the carbs is the choke.

The bolt for the footpeg is also the rear motor mount and goes all the way through to the footpeg on the other side. You will have to hold the nut on the other side when you go to tightening it.

This is perfect! I actually figured out the choke when looking at the manual.

When replacing the chain, should i replaced the sprockets?

I think that is the wire that goes to the neutral switch. The switch is on the bottom of the engine right next to the bottom frame rail on the left side.

Back