• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Lost Key, need to bypass ignition

ItsClif

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hello! New to this forum. I have a 1982 cb750 that I've picked up over the winter and done some work on, but my friend recently lost my only key :mad: I'm hoping to get some help/advice/walkthrough on installing a simple toggle switch to bypass the ignition switch so that I can still use my bike if the key is never found? The last thing this beauty needs before it's running smooth is the stator replaced and tested, and of course this new roadblock prevents me from moving forward. Thanks for any experience you have, I don't have a lot of electrical experience. :)

That is a good option, and thanks for the source. I might do that, but would still like to install the toggle switch

If you don't know absolutely the stator is bad suspect the rotor more, they fail far more than the stators do. They can be bad and check as good all day long too.

The Emgo keyswitch shown on link post #2 has a problem with the bottom coming out of it very easy, the plastic used there is too soft and the tabs do not hold well. BTDT.

Craigslist

If you don't know absolutely the stator is bad suspect the rotor more, they fail far more than the stators do. They can be bad and check as good all day long too.

The Emgo keyswitch shown on link post #2 has a problem with the bottom coming out of it very easy, the plastic used there is too soft and the tabs do not hold well. BTDT.

I was on Craigslist looking for parts for me,. If you look under Motorcycle parts .Honda Cb 750 There is a person in Pittsburgh Sewickley actually in Pa, That has an Ignition and Helmet lock with Key for $35.00 . I live in Pa,. Make sure you put Pittsburgh in location,.,

Back