• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Little rubber dohickeys ??

Dave in WV

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I just got the engine off my 1974 CB750 for a top end check out, and currently getting ready for
a silver repaint, but I noticed the little gray rubber do-hickeys located in the cooling fins behind number 2 and
3 cyclinders toward the carbs, the look cruddy, my questions are what do they do? i asume its some
kind of vibration damper? are they needed? i dont think the highly efficient japs would put them
there if they were not needed! and is there a place to buy them?? they would look nice after i paint
the engine!

Thanks
Dave.

According to Honda they stopped using the rubber dampers in the K3 cylinders. They are a damper to reduce ringing noise that can happen on air cooled engines. Some engines use them some dont. Not all the cb750 had them. IMO if you want to use them go ahead no harm done but you dont need them and I dont because it makes the motor look cleaner. If you want them check Honda first not sure what is available aftermarket because I dont use them.

Hey Dave, I'd just toss 'em unless you're doing a 100% restoration . You don't need them and I think they look better without. To each his own though. Let's see that engine when it's done. :)

Back