• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Right hand starter/kill replacement

ShiteHawk

CB750 New member
Reaction score
I finally got my 83 cb750 sc back in my possession after having to leave it in my parents horse stable for 5 years or so. Picking up where I left off, I need to replace the right hand starter switch housing. The little pin that sticks out and holds it in place broke off so it currently just spins on the bar. I cant seem to find any replacements online that say they fit this model and I get lost pretty quick when talking electrical. Are there any known aftermarket solutions or am I going to want to find a used OE replacement on ebay? Much appreciate any advice. Also fyi I'm not concerned with keeping stock look or anything, just function.

Just remove the grip and switch and add maybe a 1" wide, single layer thickness of Gorilla glue tape onto the handle bar. That stuff sticks amazingly. Then snug the switch down onto the slightly thicker spot of tape attached to your bar. You'll have to align everything up and make sure you don't use too wide of a piece as the throttle may start getting stuck. If that happens, just cut the tape patch narrower and tighten again. Been working great for me with the same problem.

Back