• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Auxiliary lihhtd

Skelee

CB750 Addict
Reaction score
Finally hooked up the lights. I have wiring harness with fuse and switch. I will wait and test them.
5c768c28d73500a6700f4fddec763c44.jpg

I have those on my BMW. Interesting mounts. Did you make those?

It looks like they are on your fork sliders...

What did you connect them into for power?

I bought them on amazon i bought handle bar swtch but i need help. Switch wires are black(+), brown(-) and blue(equipment), relay wires are blue, black and white?
My guess wss black to black, blue to blue, brown to white. I must be wrong.

That's weird that the black is +.

The Germans (Porsche/VW) did that before though. Where brown is negative. Brown is earth, therefore it was ground.

Your link shows it has red, black and a white for the harness. The link also shows a grey (presuming black), red and a white.

With the switch and relay hooked up, do you get a black (positive) and brown (negative) output? Check with a meter.

The LED lights will only work with positive on positive and negative on negative. They won't work like a light bulb would if you switched polarity.

If you don't know which one is which on the bulb. Check with with a fused line directly to the battery. If it doesn't work one way, swap positive and negative to the LED. Then you will know which is which on the bulb.

I hope that makes sense.

Sorted out thanks! I blew fuse too. So vedict is blue to blue, black to white,brown to black.
Once i test the height of lights and angles i will do a pic.
Thanks all

Good job!

I put a dimmer on mine thinking they were too bright. I haven’t turned them down or off since the first week I was playing with the dimmer. They are always on now.

If you haven’t already, I hope by changing all incandescent bulbs to LED I’m saving my rectifier and stator and battery to last longer.

Good luck.

I have led headlight, rear light and brake light. I cant be bothered with blinkers yet. I keep bike on tender just to be sure

Back