• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

What is the hose connection up under the tank for?

fivestring

CB750 Member
Reaction score
CB750K8, it came without airbox. When I turned the gas tank over I found the petcock fuel line nipple was broken off. I found a $20 replacement at CB750.com.

But there is another hose connection up under the center of the tank, I am assuming it is a vent and went to the stock airbox but I want to be sure. And since I have no airbox, what should I do? Run a short hose off it with a breather? Block it off? Or just let it open?

There is also the hose connection coming off the valve cover I need to address. Any suggestions on what to do with that one as well? Maybe I should just route the crankcase gasses back up to the tank?

there is a large hose off the valve cover that went to the atmosphere behind the engine. in 77 i think they added an evaporative canister on it, but you can just run it open behind the engine. the hose from the tank can just be run behind the engine, i have a couple that are just clipped off around the breather area.

Back