• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

80 750K no power to fuses

pjmule

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Recently bought this barn find bike with no keys. So I got a new ignition switch and battery , turn the key to on and nothing. Turn the key to P and the tail light does come on. Checked the fuses on the bars and there is no power to any of them.There is a 30 amp fuse on the solenoid that's good. and has power to the solenoid.Anyone know where I should start looking? It's a 1980 CB750K.

maybe wrong switch, or bad. there are no grounds in the ignition plug, you can stick a bolt in there so it contacts 4 or more at once, and see if it lights up. take a test light and see if the black wires are powered at the ign plug

Well, I was getting power to the black wire when I turned the switch on, but still no power to the fuses. So I was following all the wiring and found a gash under the steering neck in the harness with about 5-6 wires cut. Got them all back together and everything works as it should. Now if I can figure out these carbs I'll be doing good!

Back