• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

750 Buggy

CB750 New member
Reaction score
So, I build go karts and buggies. I recently thought I had purchased a 1978 CB550. Once I picked it up I realized it had 2 cams. I posted the casting numbers to the CB 550 forums and was informed that I was sold a 1980 CB750! Good news for me. I am currently going through and redoing what looks like needs to be redone. Mostly the stator and carbs. The carbs have some nasty white sandy looking junk in the bowls.

If any one is curious or wants to confirm my make and model the casting numbers are
RC04E-2104816

2l8awwj.jpg

2chnade.jpg

jzfzq0.jpg

*edit* Sorry for the sideways pics. They are not sideways on my computer but they posted sideways. I don't know how to fix it.

Last edited:
Welcome, neighbor! There is a great carb manual here: http://www.cb750c.com/publicdocs/SeanG/Honda_Carb_Manual_revG.pdf (might need to register). Carbs aren't really hard, just finiky and be prepared to do a few times to get them right. Also, it seems many want to remove the stock airbox and filter but it doesn't improve performance to switch to "pods", and takes a lot to get it back near stock afterward. Mine is ratty looking, but pulls to red line with stock airbox and filter.

Back