• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

81 Custom

SINKING78

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Sup sup...
I am new to the CB750 and have a shot at an 81 that is clean as a whistle. BUT, an 81 is a DOHC... Correct? The more I read, the more I find that parts are more readily available for the SOHC motors(the 70's models).
Can some of the regulars here give me the quick run down of the differences and school me other than the obvious. Also, I plan to chop it. Seems the SOHC is the better candidate..
Thanks in advance for any help:thumbsup:

PS to Travis: The devil emoticon would be nice for XS folk too:D:devil:

We talked about it another post a little while back, would be worth a search. Many more parts available for the sohc, both stock and hi performance parts. Either one can be a good bike and many dohc bikes have been chopped with good results. If you will keep the motor stock then you could go for either motor but if you want to build a big hi performance motor there are way more and better parts for the sohc. It all comes down to what you want and what future plans you have for the motor. All the parts aside I just love the look and sound of the sohc motor.

Back