• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Found NOS cylinders

jaggs1278

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
After searching for a while i finally found these on ebay. Just got them at my house in india. Just wanted to show everyone and understand if they were a good buy.

Also bought forged connecting rods. I believe that i would have to cut the washer at the bottom to clear the cylinder.
Can i use the same bolts that they provided with the rods? Whats your opinion on these connecting rods?
NOS cylinder 3.jpgNOS cylinder 2.jpgNOS cylinder 1.jpgForged connecting rods.jpg

What is your intent for this engine? Street motor? road race? drag race? If it is a street motor I really do not recommend aluminum rods. They will require clearancing, how much will have to be determined during mock up assembly. You will need to check big ends for concentricity, and side clearance and determine what bearings you need. You will also need to make a jig to drill the bearings for the locating pins in those rods. Aluminum rods fatigue much faster then steel rods... there are articles floating around about aluminum rods and their purpose, design, use, etc which you can read if so inclined. These are not the high end rods so use at your own discretion. You would have much stronger rods going with aftermarket steel rods, for just a stock displacement street motor though the stock rods are more then adequate.

Little concerning with the nick on the top surface though it is not too close to anything important. What was the reasoning with going with an NOS cylinder?

Not sure if they are a good buy or not without knowing what you paid for them.

i paid $220 for the cylinders with shipping. The bike is going to be a street motor. On the connecting rods i just got them without much knowledge honestly.
I looked at cyclex and they are $525 which is expensive. I know we get what we pay for. But do you know any good alternatives at a decent price?

for a stock street motor I would just use stock rods and maybe put new rod bolts in them. The Cycle x rods are the cheapest aftermarket rods you will find, if you cant afford them then just use the stock rods. Return or sell the aluminum rods and use the money to get new bolts for the stock rods.

Stock crank and stock rods will run fine but it never hurts to balance the unit, it will run smoother.

Back