• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Wheels super sport

WilliamtheT

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hey CB750 world! New owner of a 78 Super Sport & new member to the forum. Super Stoked to be here! I’m going to cafe racer my bike and I’m not a big fan of the Comstar wheels. Was wondering what alternatives are available. All my internet research is turning up dead ends. I’m really interested in putting spoke rims on it and can’t find any that fit or more likely, don’t know what to look for. Full disclosure, I’m brand new to motorcycles. I’m learning by doing. Any info is greatly appreciated.

To keep from getting in too deep too fast, I'd like to suggest that you ride it for a while before customizing it. There are ways to change the wheels, but sometimes involve much more than simple wheel swaps. A real challenge is to make the Comstars look good. I painted the Comstars on my GL1000 black, which I feel really improved them.

Last edited:
RIMB8882[1].jpg
Hey CB750 world! New owner of a 78 Super Sport & new member to the forum. Super Stoked to be here! I’m going to cafe racer my bike and I’m not a big fan of the Comstar wheels. Was wondering what alternatives are available. All my internet research is turning up dead ends. I’m really interested in putting spoke rims on it and can’t find any that fit or more likely, don’t know what to look for. Full disclosure, I’m brand new to motorcycles. I’m learning by doing. Any info is greatly appreciated.
WilliamtheT has bought my 78 750F He is Planning on picking it up on the 10th driving from Chalotte Nc up to Hanover Pa. Welcome to the family.

Brand new to motorcycles? I hope he plans to trailer for this ~8 hour trip? Looks like he is getting a great bike!

I would just keep them for now. The other CB750s that have spoked wheels have a single disk brake upfront and a drum in back, so you have that to contend with. The disk brakes on your super sport are fare superior.

Back