• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Should I get a 77' cb750k

redkier

CB750 New member
Reaction score
I have achance to aquire a pretty 77' cb750k, those of you who ride these bikes please give me some advice

I would have to do minor things in order to fire up, according to a reliable source, so I cant ride it til I get it going and take it home so no test drive

I started off, and continue, to be , dirt rider, I owned a 02' sv650 for a few years, just o.k. bike, haven't ridden street since, trying to butter wife up to

ride street, I rode a friends 73' bmw and it was interesting but unsafe, this bike looks like a nice rider, but I don't know, what should I expect in the

ride of the bike? does it feel like driving a 55 bel-air (never have) or wil it be a fun responsive solid ride?

Although a 750 is nowadays considered a little motorcycle, these were back in the day the bike to own. Of all the bikes I own I find myself pulling out my '77 F more than anything else. It is in my opinion the best all around universal bike to own.

I really dont like the looks of the 77-78 either model, but they are, for the rider the best of them all. and the most powerful.

Thanks for the input everyone! I did it, she lives in my garage now, I am soon to follow, nasty looks ever since it mysteriously appeared at night. The wife called it a cougar

after she cought me starring at it, I didn't have the heart to tell her it was actually in its dirty thirties. It has been garage kept and at one time dealer maintained but

unfortunately there is a 1/4" long gap in the head gasket. So my plans of chasis/suspension rebuild and looking super cool with a sweet leather jacket and street helmet

have been diverted to the first priority of getting it going. I have started into the service manual (the best I have seen) at ch. 1 "Remove the Engine", this bike was well

designed and worthy of a rebuild. I am sure I will need some advice soon when I get to those valve things, I'm just a simple 2-stroke man, replace piston and go. I forsee

this being a smooth as possible rebuild with the wealth of knowlege in these online enthusiast forums. For now it is garage time, rockin' out with bloddy knuckles high on

brake parts cleaner.

Back