• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Sturgis

dirtdigger

Staff member
Top Contributor
Reaction score
I know its still early in the year, just wondering if anyone is going to Sturgis this year. I live about 10 minutes from Sturgis so if anyone needs any info or anything about the ralley let me know. Its not just a Harley ralley anymore, there are getting to be more and more non harley custom bikes around.

I've thought about going this year.. I have some friends who go and always ask me to go but I've never been able to make it. How many CB750s do you really see at Sturgis?

There are surprisingly quite a few if you look for them. They have been getting more popular with the current bike builders too. Last year Chica Customs had 3 750 cafe racer bikes. Fuller Hotrods had a 500 cafe style bike. Ken from Cycle X was going to have a bike in the AMD bike show last year but didn't get it done in time. And there are mine and my dads 750 and my sister rides my cb500. But if you look for them there are more and more that show up. People know what they are, I had quite a few comments on my chopper last year. I hope the economy will be a bit better this year, last year was probably one of the smallest that I remember recently.

Funny you mention Ken from Cycle X. I'm good friends with Matt who works for Ken, so I know Ken and was going to go to Sturgis with Cycle X guys.. Maybe this will be the year! I just got to get one of my project bikes done for the trip!

Well let me know if you guys need any help or anything if you get out here. I was looking forward to meeting Ken last year but it didn't work out. Would look forward to meeting any and all of you guys.

Yeah sounds good. Once it gets closer we can figure something out and then I'll know if I'm (or they're) going this year or not.

So...anyone gonna make it up here this year? About two weeks to go! Some vendors already setting tents up!

Well if the weather stays the way it is its gonna be a hot hot ralley. Its been mid to high 90's to low 100's for the past couple of weeks. They are saying it will continue at least till the end of this month. Its been extremely dry here too, a lot of forest fires started from lightning. So if any of you are coming this way please be carefull and have a good time!

Starting to see some early ralley goers starting to show up, they seem to get here earlier every year.

Someday...someday.. I would have a few friends on Harleys that make the trip annually...i couldnt imagine riding my solo seat that far...lol my spine would be shot

Well getting a fairly constant rumble of bikes and the venders are setting up all around the area.....must be close to ralley time :bike:

Back