• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

motor still wont turn past half way

fourk

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been trying to get my 77 750 back on the road, so far I have put on 2 cam towers,a cam,two new valves & it still stops turning over half way or so around . I made sure the timing was on according to the book.I need to fix it really bad,soon or buy another bike.(im a founding member) of an MC. family type club here in TN. & can not keep having charity runs with no bike.also cant afford to buy 1 at this time. :cussing:

When you had the head off did you try turning the motor over by hand?

If its all assembled I would leave the camshaft in as it is and remove the rocker arms and see if it turns over. If it turns over then you know the bottom end turns full revolution. If that is OK I would double check camshaft timing. If OK then start adding rocker arms back in until you find what is causing the motor to lock up.

If its all assembled I would leave the camshaft in as it is and remove the rocker arms and see if it turns over. If it turns over then you know the bottom end turns full revolution. If that is OK I would double check camshaft timing. If OK then start adding rocker arms back in until you find what is causing the motor to lock up.

I will start doing that after work thur. thanks.

Back