• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Ungrade the brakes on 79

Juiced

Old Racer
Reaction score
Greetings!

I am racing in a vintage series with a 79 F (converted to a Factory R) and am looking for a good upgrade/swap for the braking system.

Are there any upgrades for the brakes or rotors that still look period correct (that is a loose statement)
but do a better job? Lighter items would help too.

Thanks!

You already have the better later front end and brakes compared to the old 750. I use the same front end and brake on my hardtail. I would have the rotors drilled if not done already. Running two front brakes? I have seen guys put late model sport bike calipers and big rotors on but a lot of fab time to build brackets to mount the calipers and getting the rotors spaced right.

If you have the time and a drill press you could drill them yourself. They dont drill to bad if you have good bits.

If you have an accurate symmetrical hole pattern it should stay balanced but I understand your concern.

Savannah%20Speed.jpg

Very nice. I just saw your other thread. Very curious about your bike! I may have lots of questions in your other thread!

Back