• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Kick Start Only?

newguy

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, Im new here. Ive been looking into getting a bike for about the last few months but since Im in an area with little selection, its been tough.

It looks like things are finally coming together and if all goes well, I should be making a trip to pick up at 1980 CB750 soon enough. Ive got big plans for it which Ill document in a build thread once I get it.

Im a big fan of simplicity and clean lines on a bike. My main question, is it possible or common to run kick start only on these 750s? I know it would allow me to simplify the wiring and run a much smaller battery plus since Ill only be able to ride it four about five months when it isnt snowin, I think the idea of having kick start only really appeals to me.

Any info would be great. Thanks.

the sohc750's up until 1978 had kickstart. Altho I've never paid that much attention to the dohc 750's (1979 and up) I'm pretty sure they don't have kickstart....

Nope no kickstart on a DOHC motor and no parts there to do it either. If you really want a kickstart 750 then you need to look at an older sohc 750.

The sohc had kickstart but not many people used it because the starter is pretty reliable. The dohc motor is completely different animal from the old sohc.

Back