• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

'81 CB750F front suspension lowering spacers

Sh1fty

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I am in the process of rebuilding a CB750F with a few mods, one of those is lowering the front suspension.
i will go down the route of ordering shorter tubes but I would like to try it first with some spacers to see how much lower i want to go.

Do you guys know a webshop/site that sells different sized spacers(like 1" & 2")?

Thanks!

The forks don't just slide in the triple tree? I was able to loosen the 4 bolts from the lower and upper triple trees and the front of the suspension lowered. Tighten the triple tree mounting bolts and you're done. Forgive me if I am missing what you're trying to accomplish.

I agree. You could lower 1 - 1.5 inches just by slipping the tubes in the clamps. Also remember that when you lower the front, you reduce trail which will quicken steering but this also reduces stability. There are calculators online that can help with the geometry.

Back