• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Which pistons

jaggs1278

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi all I have a 78k and i was looking at reboring the cylinders and am on lookout for good quality pistons. Are there some good aftermarket ones that are available. I saw a seller Cruzinimage on ebay who has pistons for $120. Are they good or do you guys recommend someone else?

I have a set Cruzinimage pistons on my 75 cb750, they are actually pretty darn good. Sure you can get better from say cyclexchange or Ape, but unless your building a race bike you can't beat Cruzinimage

There have been some issues with the crusinimage pistons having inconsistent piston dome heights, if you go that way be sure to measure and mock up everything so you can calculate compression. Different years of 750 have different height cylinders so you may have to do some machining to get accurate compression ratio number. If you want good quality pistons go to Cycle Xchange, different types( cast and forged) and options as well as may different sizes to consider. They also have packages with pistons and cylinders already bored to fit. You get what you pay for do you want to skimp on engine internals??

I know some guys using these parts in racing motors and as far as I know they are working. I am still using oem rubber wheels with no issues. If your building a race motor they may be the way to go as you usually inspect the motor regularly and can monitor the wear. The oem wheels have been used forever, the thing that kills them is age and heat, but new ones will last you many many years especially in a stock normal use motor...but I still use oem wheels in my big bore performance motors and the hold up fine and for less money.

Back