• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Testing rectifier/regulator on cb750k 1981

luwys

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hey guys so i recently got my honda cb750k and it runs beautifully but i ran into a charging issue early on turn out the rotor was bad and had to buy a replacement i since did so but the battery still isn’t charging up to where it needs to be. Which is about 12-14v when reving rpm could this be my regulator/rectifier if so how can i test if its bad before i go out and buy a new one
Thank you so so much!
f6a11c16f1ca819907fe1343fcf5ebd2.jpg

In the Clymers manual it tells you how to measure the resistance across the regulator/rectifier pins. I had charging problems and thought it was my rectifier. Turns out after measuring the resistances, it was both the rectifier and the stator that were measuring bad resistances. I don't have my manual on me here at work, but i'll get back to you sometime this weekend. I think I spent $100 on a combo from ebay and got everything I needed.

Thanks man appreciate it ! And that would be awesome if you could i want to get my bike back up and rippin the road lol

Back