• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Honda cb750 from 1999 sevenfifty starting problems cold engine

c110

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am from Belgium and found a cb750 sevenfifty that was not used for 5 years at least with 30000km(20000 miles)
The bike was running normal said the seller when he parked it for 5 years or more..
The problem i ask help is afther i changed the gas and cleaned the carburetors without changing settings the bike starts very difficult cold
Once a little warm it sometimes goes on two or three cylinders and once good warm it runs ok but not perfect
Cold also the gas stays on and does not return easy to iddle .
Afther 15 minutes it goes all better and it,s almost perfect.
I just worry about the difficult cold start and the choke that does not respond like it should.
Somebody who knows what the problem could be with this bike that has new oil ,oilfilter and new gas with cleaned carbs afther 5 years standing still?

Regards Steve

Did you install an inline fuel filter (or change the one in it if it had one)? If not, the carburetor cleaning may need repeated. These bikes are known to be cold natured and in need of extended warm-up. Modern vehicles are fuel injected and ready to go as soon as oil flow is established. Choke operation is easily checked - make sure the cble fully operates the choke butterflies. Slow return to idle is often a symptom of not having the carbs fully cleaned, or being out of balance.

Yes the filter is only in the fuell cock in the model i have
The choke is almost like a electrical choke but with a cable.Not a butterfly choke.
It open or close a channel for extra fuell but mine does,t respond good.
Normal with a engine cold the rpm must go quick up but mine iddle at 1000 rpm and stops running afther a while
Only when i play with throtle and choke i can get the engine get running.
Also when the engine is very cold the engine stops running at 1500 rpm when i open the throtle
I try tomorow again with a cold engine because today i made a small tour off a few miles and the engine was almost perfect on gas reponse but the engine was warm than.

Instead of achoke, you have an "enricher". If yoh canget it to warm up and ride it more, try usi ga fuel treatment like Seafoam or Techron to continue cleaning the circuits and it should continue to run better.

Back