• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Conversion to CB900 Oil Pump

Chas

CB750 Member
Reaction score
I am rebuilding a CB750KZ as a 900ish using new liners etc. I am advised by folk who have raced the 750 that you can bolt on the 900 oil pump (higher flow), the 900 sump with oil hose I/O, the cooler, and the distributor plate on the bottom of the engine. Firstly does everyone agree and secondly are there other changes required to complete the modification? It was recommended to put a 15-20mm spacer in. Now I presume this is to drop the sump down as the 900 one does not have the volume of the 750 one, however this would require a spacer on the oil distribution plate as well to ensure the oil flows out to the cooler OK.

Thx
Charlie

Howdy, did you ever get this mod installed? I'm thinking of doing the same thing on my 1980 CB750K. There's a guy up the coast here in California that is stripping a 900 and I want to be sure to get all the parts I'll need. Thanks for any info. -Charlie

You need the 900 pump, distribution plate (the early 750 one MIGHT work), a couple o-rings used there to seal the passages, a 900 pan with the oil cooler passages fully machined, and of course a cooler and lines.

The difference in the pump is only in having a second pumping section for the cooler circuit only, the main pump to engine is the same size.

Back