Accelerator Pump Mystery

Hello,

So I am rebuilding my carbs on my '81 CB750F and when I disassembled my carbs I decided to check the accelerator pump. Little to my surprise I had a tear in the diaphragm. So I ordered a new pump assembly and when it came it had a black pump piece that was not in my carbs. I have attached pictures of the manual, and it shows it there, but now I have no idea of where this black rubber pump piece gets installed to, and it doesn't really help me. It doesn't look like it goes into the outside portion of the assembly, so any help on this would be greatly appreciated!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	black piece.PNG 
Views:	2 
Size:	202.6 KB 
ID:	8766

Name:	Acclerator Pump.PNG 
Views:	6 
Size:	83.9 KB 
ID:	8767

Name:	AccPumpDis.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	54.6 KB 
ID:	8768

It's basically a dust shield / guide that mounts on the outside of the carburetor. When you reassembly the carbs, the long rod will slide through the outside of the #2 carb and engage the linkage. You will see an exposed portion of the shiny rod on the outside of the carb. That boot goes over this exposed portion. I'm sure a more experienced tech on this site can provide more detailed information regarding it's purpose, but you will see a recessed groove in the carb casting that only one side of the boot fits nice and snug into. IIRC, the boot is positioned 180 degrees from the way it is imaged above, on the outside of the carb. Again, I assumed it was likely a guide or dust boot when I installed mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Wez_ View Post
    It's basically a dust shield / guide that mounts on the outside of the carburetor. When you reassembly the carbs, the long rod will slide through the outside of the #2 carb and engage the linkage. You will see an exposed portion of the shiny rod on the outside of the carb. That boot goes over this exposed portion. I'm sure a more experienced tech on this site can provide more detailed information regarding it's purpose, but you will see a recessed groove in the carb casting that only one side of the boot fits nice and snug into. IIRC, the boot is positioned 180 degrees from the way it is imaged above, on the outside of the carb. Again, I assumed it was likely a guide or dust boot when I installed mine.
    Awesome thank you! That's exactly what it was for.