• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Headlight Bucket Wiring

MotersickleBum

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, i got spark but it's very weak so i checked the coils and they ohm-out good. i cleaned as many connections as possible. everything works, starter, lights, horn, signals et... the bike has 4007 miles on it. so i opened up my headlight bucket and found a bunch of wires with no place to go. i've been pouring over the wiring diagram but can't figure it out.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TAKE A PIC OF THEIR 1981 CB750 HEADLIGHT BUCKET WIRING AND UPLOAD IT? below are pics of my bucket with the loose wires. DSCF2177.JPGDSCF2178.JPGDSCF2179.JPGDSCF2180.JPGDSCF2181.JPGDSCF2182.JPG

THANKS!

Light blue(R) and orange(L)with no stripe are turn signal. Light blue(R) and orange(L) with stripe are front markers. Green of course is ground. These are standard Honda colors, same on my '79 CB750F. I suspect you have aftermarket turn signals with red for one element. Either the black or black with white stripe (in the black tube with the red) are ground and the other marker, I suspect. Brown is not used in US - it is on the same circuit with the tail light.

Last edited:
yes, it has aftermarket signals but how the heck can they work with the wiring not hooked-up? but there are about five loose wires. do you know if any of them will effect a low/no spark situation? which ones go to the clutch lever switch? this could be my problem...

Last edited:
The clutch switch leads are in the 9 pin black multi connector. Green/red stripe and green. I pull them from the switch and jumper them if the switch is suspect. You can download wiring diagrams for most all of these. I think the '79 F should be very close to the '81. The turn signals have nothing to do with start. Maybe check that the kill switch is working (9 pin red multi connector) black and black/white.

ok, thanks.... i jumped the switch yesterday but was wondering if the problem was further down in the wiring.... later today i'm going to look at the spark unit.

Back