• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

82 CB900f unresponsive under 4000rpm

Geno1

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Hello guys and girls,

First time post here, I'm hoping the wealth of knowledge on here can shine a light on my problem, so I have a 1982 Honda CB900F Super Sport.. Beautiful bike I've had the privilege of owning for the past 8 months, great to drive once she's over 4000 rpm but anything below and she's dead to the world.. Idle's at 1500rpm also which is a bit high?? Sounds to me like a carb problem, can I narrow down which carb or should I just strip and rebuild each carb?? Or if anyone has any other possible causes/ solutions would be much appreciated..

Thanks guys

Eoin
86d4b790c8c56d783a3c199498f285e9.jpg

1500 idle is not too bad. Check for leaks first, spray brake fluid on the rubber intake rubber and outtake. I would clean all 4 too.

1500 idle is not too bad. Check for leaks first, spray brake fluid on the rubber intake rubber and outtake. I would clean all 4 too.

Brake FLUID? Or brake CLEANER? Get any brake fluid on paint and it will ruin it fast. It will also destroy plastic, including the ABS that Honda is so fonda.

Back