• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Thinking of a lighting upgrade...

JBRummel

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hi folks, I was thinking of installing a sealed LED headlight instead of the stock one I've got.
I thought of taking a Daymaker's one, or something like theirs.
What do you think of it? Won't I get any kind of electrical failure if I attempt installing an LED unit?....
Thanks,
Joe

Just a quick addition to yesterday's post. Today I started looking for cheaper alternatives to Daymakers and saw dozens of sealed beam LED lights by the brands I've never heared of.... I plan on looking for something that will not cost me an arm and leg (Daymakers are over $1000!), yet that will work right.

I've not looked into one yet, but if you should find one by the Electrical Connection, it will be good.

Appreciate the reply, sir, I will check what Electrical Connection offers...
I've seen people saying Hogworks are fine (here's the one), but I wanted to see if someone tried fitting them into the CB750.

It also depends a bit on what you have now. I have the halogen type in both my '78 GL1000 and '79 CB750F. Some came with sealed beam type, and you would need to get the reflector/lens (called headlight unit in the FSM) assy to mount an LED halogen bulb replacement in. 33120-431-671 is the number for that unit. You can find them on ebay. Then you can use an H4 replacement. If you already have the halogen type, all you need is an H4 LED replacement. EC has one here: https://electricalconnection.com/index.php/product/led-headlight-bulb-h4/ but I've never tried it. I might on my GL1000.

Thanks for the link, sir, I will check it out tonight. Mone is not sealed beam, by the way, so I may give it a try I guess.

Back