• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

1980 CB750F Brake parts

Kalteisen

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hi all, I just acquired a handsome 1980 CB750F. The rear brake was seized which I had assumed was the piston. Turns out the piston is fine and I'm ready to rebuild with just new seals; easily obtained. What is of concern is that it was missing the brake pad shim and brake pad spring. Both of which I haven't been able to locate online or locally. I can't believe it's safe to simply not use parts that were designed to be there, and I can't believe that they simply aren't available given the number of CBs out there.

I've attached parts numbers and expanded diagrams. If anyone has a suggestion for a source, please let me know.

IMG_20181027_104554_576.jpg

I have a spare pad spring. Give me an address and I can send it. The shims are on ebay. Not 100% necessary if you use an anti-squeal paste (tacky stuff that levels and cushions between the pad and piston). Make sure the pistons are pit-free. You might also consider new brake lines as they are probably soft by now.
Hi all, I just acquired a handsome 1980 CB750F. The rear brake was seized which I had assumed was the piston. Turns out the piston is fine and I'm ready to rebuild with just new seals; easily obtained. What is of concern is that it was missing the brake pad shim and brake pad spring. Both of which I haven't been able to locate online or locally. I can't believe it's safe to simply not use parts that were designed to be there, and I can't believe that they simply aren't available given the number of CBs out there.

I've attached parts numbers and expanded diagrams. If anyone has a suggestion for a source, please let me know.

View attachment 8662

Back