• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Having trouble sourcing cylinder head studs for 1979 CB750-K

slykken

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Had a heck of a time removing my head. Years of corrosion left that sucker pretty stuck. Finally got it, but once removed I noticed the studs were in pretty bad shape from a previous engine build. My assumption was aftermarket versions would be easy to find. No such luck. I see plenty for the SOHC (78 and earlier) but nada for 79+. I have searched this forum and many others, but to no avail. Any help would be appreciated.

Best,

Sean

Hi,
These studs are difficult to find. Their part# is 90031445003 CMS in Holland show them but as 0 stock. They might be able to find some, also try David Silver. Have you remove the cylinder block yet? That too can be a nightmare as well due to the studs seized to the block. :mad: If you do find some be very careful getting the old ones out. They can and do seize solid, I had this on my engine I got ten out 2 would simply not move, I gave up and left them in place for fear of sheering them off. :eek: It's usually the 4 centre studs that will not come out. Give them a good soaking in releasing fluid, it might take a week or more but be prepared for a fight. Beware of really giving them hell as the aluminium threads in the crankcase may strip out, then you are in real trouble. :cussing:

Last edited:
Back