• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Oil light sensor modification

Wez_

CB750 Addict
Reaction score
So I want to modify the dummy light sensor on my dohc cb750. I want to drill out the threads where the wire connects on top of the sensor and tap it with 1/8" NPT to run an oil pressure gauge in series with the 0 oil sensor. I will then replace the small electrical connector on the end of the sense wire with a larger diameter one and use the brass fitting for continuity of the grounding circuit to the light in the instrument cluster. Will this work? Supposedly the threads are tapered which prevents leaks so no need for Teflon tape. I just want to make sure I am not missing anything.

The original sensor has an obvious metal contact washer at the top of the sensor to ensure continuity. I am worried that the new modified sensor wont behave like it did originally. I can always replace with a stock sensor and wire connector. Any feedback, suggestions or input?

Last edited:
Back