• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

New member from East Tennessee

pidjones

CB750 Addict
Reaction score
Not a 750 owner yet. Thinking about looking at a '79 CB750F nearby that appears to have some fire damage. Need a winter project. Just finished a '78 GL1000 with '75 engine as cafe style. Also ride an '06 GL1800. Follow a lot of oldwing forums and some on GL1800.

Couldn't find a new user intro section, so posting here. Mods please move if incorrect.

Going to look at a '78 GL1000 today. Might try a true resto since I have a lot of '78 GoldWing parts. Still looking for the right smaller bike to try too.

The GL1000 didn't work out. Very poorly kept place, late to meet me, then his pit bull began to circle and I left. On the bright side, the nearby 750 owner called and I might go look at it tomorrow. He listed as a 79 CB750K, but it sure looks like an F. Rough, but might be a good Rat Rod candidate.

Man, was it rough! But, it's all there (although some will need replaced - like most of the brake system). And, he has a title for it. He couldn't find the key for me to look in the tank, will call me when he finds it. For $250, might keep me busy all winter to make a rat rod out of it. Checked the VIN, definitely an F.
6104ba0fb53b4b974283900f751a7afb.jpg

Where are you at in East TN? I'm in Claxton. In between OakRidge and Powell/Knoxville
About 3 miles North of Clinton on the North side of Black Oak Ridge. I had my GL1000 valve seats ground at Claxton Automotive Machine Shop. Bought the CB750F in Hieskel.

Back