• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

'72 Carb Air Screw

gatorforge

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've finally got my '72 rebuilt and running, and am on to adjusting the carbs. I have pods so I will be rejetting, but for the time being, I just want to get it to a functional state. I looked in the manual, and it depicts a very large multi-slotted airscrew. This is of course nowhere to be found on my carb, and in reviewing pictures online (and potentially looking for one for sale) I can find no indication of one of these in the wild. Was there a design change from the manual to the production bikes? Am I missing a part? If I could track one down easily, I would just assume its me, but I cant find hide nor hair of one anywhere. Any help is appreciated. I've included the shot from the manual for reference.

WqdMqn7.jpg

those are only on the very early carbs that had a throttle cable going to each carb. Each carb had a throttle stop screw to set idle speed. You either have a very early honda manual or a hayns or chilton manual that are total junk and just copy information regardless of it is right or wrong. Your carbs will have just one screw on the linkage just above carb #3

Back