• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Lost in the sauce

Aaronmact

CB750 New member
Reaction score
I purchased a 1977 cb750 for a weird wacky scrambler build a few months ago. Work kept me busy and I slowly tore things apart. In doing so I discovered the previous owners got fairly hands on with the wiring, cutting bits and pieces and adding in their own hackjobs as they went. Upon discovering so I decided to order a new wiring harness.

The wiring harness came and most things line up appropriately, but unfortunately they company I got it from used wire colors that either dont match factory or make it seem like the wire is something it's not. I've got a clymer manual, but cant seem to make sense between the two. I've built bikes before and havent had this hard of a time with the wiring so I came for help.

The first wires I'm trying to figure out run along the bottom right side of the engine case, the wires are black, white, and red with a white stripe, and for the life of my I cant figure out where they should connect to, if anyone has pictures of the wires they go to.
The second is a greenish wire with a braid coming from above the sprocket cover. I again cant figure out where it goes.

In my pictures(if I can load them) you'll see some of the wiring hacks of the previous owner.

Thanks for any help!

Back