• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Lost in the sauce

Aaronmact

CB750 New member
Reaction score
I purchased a 1977 cb750 for a weird wacky scrambler build a few months ago. Work kept me busy and I slowly tore things apart. In doing so I discovered the previous owners got fairly hands on with the wiring, cutting bits and pieces and adding in their own hackjobs as they went. Upon discovering so I decided to order a new wiring harness.

The wiring harness came and most things line up appropriately, but unfortunately they company I got it from used wire colors that either dont match factory or make it seem like the wire is something it's not. I've got a clymer manual, but cant seem to make sense between the two. I've built bikes before and havent had this hard of a time with the wiring so I came for help.

The first wires I'm trying to figure out run along the bottom right side of the engine case, the wires are black, white, and red with a white stripe, and for the life of my I cant figure out where they should connect to, if anyone has pictures of the wires they go to.
The second is a greenish wire with a braid coming from above the sprocket cover. I again cant figure out where it goes.

In my pictures(if I can load them) you'll see some of the wiring hacks of the previous owner.

Thanks for any help!

send some pictures of your new harness and the ends of the wires

Back