• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Regulator upgrade

best to just upgrade to a solid state reg/rec combo. Tommy at LowridersbySummers has the best one I know of...scan to bottom of this page

http://www.lowridersbysummers.com/parts/index.htm

But just as good for low bucks, I used the a solid state combo off a later model cb750DOHC

The link you posted...I know guys that have tried his products and liked them, albiet they are a bit pricy with the other options available as mentioned above...his cheapest is $48 for the rec which looks like it still uses the old diode setup? and $52 for the reg which does look to be solid state.

I use later model Honda regulator on my hardtail. Honestly I have never had a real problem with the stock setup other than the low output they have stock.

Stock system or run the solid state setup off of later model Hondas. I have been running a regulator off of a dohc 750 for several years on my bike.

the DOHC regulator works with the old style? i thought the DOHC ran wide open and regulated the current by varying the voltage to the charged rotor???

Back