• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

plugs fouling

untill62

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi, I posted on my other thread(with same user name) as well, caus I didn't know if that post would show up as new.
74 cb750.
My plugs foul(carbon up) after just a couple miles and just can't come to the problem. just did compression and good at 148-150, all 4.
and it did the SAME before new electronic ign, new coils, new caps, plugs, cleaned carbs, cleaned tank, new non ethynol gas with octane booster by Amsoil. My last thread on this issue was couple years ago, but the problem is the same after all this stuff and time, as it was couple years ago??!!
have replaced slow jet, but kept stock, they are marked 40 on them. using NGK D8EA.
Rubber boots between carbs and engine pretty hard, I tried softening, but wondering if not a good seal??
Boy, would sure like to ride this thing. I had detached retina and wanted to ride to see if I could see well enough. The 1-3 miles I did ride seems ok.

Hi, I posted on my other thread(with same user name) as well, caus I didn't know if that post would show up as new.
74 cb750.
My plugs foul(carbon up) after just a couple miles and just can't come to the problem. just did compression and good at 148-150, all 4.
and it did the SAME before new electronic ign, new coils, new caps, plugs, cleaned carbs, cleaned tank, new non ethynol gas with octane booster by Amsoil. My last thread on this issue was couple years ago, but the problem is the same after all this stuff and time, as it was couple years ago??!!
have replaced slow jet, but kept stock, they are marked 40 on them. using NGK D8EA.
Rubber boots between carbs and engine pretty hard, I tried softening, but wondering if not a good seal??
Boy, would sure like to ride this thing. I had detached retina and wanted to ride to see if I could see well enough. The 1-3 miles I did ride seems ok.

Well .. check your ignition coils …..
If you get air in at the rubbers youll get a White spark plug not Black …

Are your spark plugs Black an soothy ? or do they build up carbon White deposits ? are your carbs correctly tuned up ? are all 4 plugs fouled up same way ….? if they are ...its not a problem in fox. one cylinder … but more likely from carbs or a ignition problem '

Do you have any non normal smoke from your exhausts ?

Well .. check your ignition coils …..
If you get air in at the rubbers youll get a White spark plug not Black …

Are your spark plugs Black an soothy ? or do they build up carbon White deposits ? are your carbs correctly tuned up ? are all 4 plugs fouled up same way ….? if they are ...its not a problem in fox. one cylinder … but more likely from carbs or a ignition problem '

Do you have any non normal smoke from your exhausts ?

Ya, they are black and sooty and I think it’s in the carbs, caus it did the same before I put in electronic ign, new coils, new plug boots. Dirtdigger gave me help on finding out how to see if I they are too rich. I just haven’t done it yes. We had 15” of rain, so dealing with cleanup. It took out my driveway, so have been working on that

ya . its sound realistic with carb problems at mixture …...and by the way ...you could rebuild the bike as a waterscooter now :) :)

Back