• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Fresh '82 CB750 Build

Also, is the solenoid supposed to get any type of ground any where? Bc I used a jumper on the starter wire and got action that way, so I know the starter is good, etc.

Also, is the solenoid supposed to get any type of ground any where? Bc I used a jumper on the starter wire and got action that way, so I know the starter is good, etc.

Ground for the solenoid coil is supplied via the clutch and/or neutral switch through the green/red wire. The yellow/red is energized from battery + through the red wire to the key switch ON then black wire to starter switch to yellow/red. So, try pulling in the clutch or shorting those two leads, or just jumper the green/red to ground.

BTW, if the starter doesn't turn when the solenoid actuates, don't immediately blame the starter. Low battery charge, poor connections, and what bit me last - a bad solenoid (contacts arced and burnt) can cause it.

I don’t have the clutch wires hooked up yet, but I will plug those bad boys in when I get home! And I know the starter is good, so I’m not worried about that. I used a starter jumper and it worked fine.

Ground is definetely my issue. I’m not getting ANY type of response from the solenoid and I used a multimeter to test the wires coming off of it and I’m getting 12+ volts

I have the factory seat still, which fits like a glove. So I’m either going to strip that down to just the pan, and build it from there or start from scratch - wrapping the frame w Saran Wrap and fiberglassing it.

Wez , did you get that seat from eBay? I almost bought one just like it

Yes, this is from eBay
I think it's the Vietnam seller.

Back