• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Ignition disaster, need help

75SuperSport

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Recently my bike has been running like crap, breaking up on acceleration, poor idle, etc. I played around with several ideas then decided I needed to check out my coils. I discovered I had nothing on my 2&3 coil. I figured if I was going to replace one, I may as well replace both, so I ordered two new coils, condensers, plugs, boots, and points. I figured I would skip over the install on the points and condensers until after I got the bike running.I installed the new coils, lot of backfiring, which I never had before. After some quick looking around I noticed the wires on the new coils were reversed so I swapped the wires and the bike fired up. That was last night, today I came down to finish assembling the bike, it is only running on two cylinders, 1 & 4. After some attempts to get it running on all 4, now it doesn't run at all, no spark to the points. I installed the new points, nothing, installed the new condensers, nothing. I am at a complete loss as to why this is happening, anyone have any ideas?

I assume you mean you dont have power to the points not spark...you dont have spark at the points, if you do you have issues. Power comes through the kill switch to the coil then out to the points if you dont have power at the points then you have a wiring issue and need to trace back and find where you lost it.

Back