• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Upper needle jet location?

grahamcp

CB750 Member
Reaction score
My 1982 CB750 Custom was running terrible and I ended up pulling the carbs off to clean them. I've had the bike since 1985, but didn't ride it much as it started having "issues" with running bad and not charging the battery. I have only 17,370 miles on it. The inside of the carbs didn't look too bad, but did have some varnishing from gas sitting in them for long periods of time. I got the charging system working after replacing the regulator/rectifier, alternator rotor, and stator, and cleaning all the connectors.

The problem that I'm having is that the upper needle jet fell out of one of the carbs, and I can't find an exploded view online that's clear enough to see the part and where it goes. It's been a long time since I've worked on a bike and never on the carbs, so the nomenclature (other than the jets and needle valve) are somewhat unfamiliar. Can anyone tell me where I can find a clear photo or drawing of where and how the upper needle jet inserts into the carb? I read the post that had a photo of the part, but the answer to the post was unclear to me as to how and where it fit.

Attachments

• upper needle jet.jpg
    upper needle jet.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 244
That goes in above the emulsion tube, the needle feeds into it from the top. Put that part in first, then the emulsion tube, then the jet.Capture.JPG

I now see where it goes, and it is missing in the carb. The part does not just slip into the hole. Is there a special tool or something that is used to press it into place?

Back