• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Ign. fault

chuter

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Spent most of the late winter an early spring putting my F back together.
I finally got a chance to ride and found that after about 20 min. running time 2 and 3 would cut out, after a few min. running on 1 and 4 it would kick back in and run good for quite a while sometimes and other times it would only run for a short time and quit again.. I went through all the wiring and cleaned all connections. Nothing bad stood out as obvious. After taking a chance I ordered another Dyna ign. system. Installed it and set it up and timed and wow. It runs like a bear now. Put about 100 miles on her and not a problem at all. I only have about 1000 miles on the Dyna system that failed and I am running their coils. Is this a common failure and am I going to repeat this problem in the near future? Just asking, chuter

Got another chance for a little putt last night, put about 70 miles on the odometer and bike has never ran this good. Always starts and runs well. I have put many hours in this build along with many bucks but I like what I have. Thanks to all for the help and valued information. RIDE SAFE. Chuter

Back